Our Work & Commitment Right Now
As part of the national effort to control the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and per the current Contra Costa County shelter in place health order, our office is closed until further notice, with our staff working remotely.
Richmond Main Street staff will continue to be available during our normal business hours of Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. The best way to reach us is via email or our website’s contact form. Kindly allow up to 5 business days for a response.
What We Are Doing
- Monitoring the situation closely and adjusting our work to meet the needs of our community
- Actively exploring web-based solutions to hosting meetings and workshops
- Supporting our local businesses by engaging with our Downtown merchants and community partners to better understand the needs of our business community, promoting those that remain open, and connecting businesses with resources through our Community Resource Directory and weekly e-newsletters
- Standing up for businesses on Macdonald Avenue and beyond through our membership in the California Main Street Alliance, collaboration with community partners and City departments, and contacting our elected representatives
- Sharing important information about community services and resources via this webpage and our social media accounts Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
How YOU Can Support & Help During this Challenging Time
- Join us in following all health & safety guidelines published by Contra Costa Health Services: April 29 Stay at Home Order (May 4-31) & Prevention. Everyone is required to stay home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care, or go to an essential job. If you go out, keep at least 6 feet of distance. Wash your hands frequently and cover your cough. Learn more.
- Spend your dollars at Downtown businesses, especially restaurants! Many will remain open for to-go and delivery service. Visit our Business Directory for the most up to date info, check your inbox, and stay tuned to our social media for updates.
- Report cleanliness issues to the City of Richmond via their mobile app (search City of Richmond in the app store) or website.
COVID-19 Response Information & Community Resources
About this Page & Acknowledgements
The content of this page is intended to assist in sharing information about resources available to individuals and businesses in relation to the current coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic. Content is updated to the best of our ability and knowledge, and does not serve as an endorsement of any product, program, or business.
We have sourced many updates and links from local agencies and service providers. We give special thanks to Building Blocks for Kids, Fresh Approach, Contra Costa Health Services, Supervisor John Gioia, the Small Business Administration (San Francisco Office), National Main Street Center, Working Solutions, City of Richmond, RYSE Center, and more.
This directory is made possible through generous support from the San Francisco Foundation Emergency Response Fund. We thank San Francisco Foundation for their continued support of our work and their tireless efforts to support Bay Area communities during the current coronavirus pandemic.
*please note* This list is a continual work in progress and will be updated daily to the best of our ability. If information is incorrect or a link is broken, kindly contact us; please make sure to provide detailed information and, if possible, correct info. Thank you!