Richmond Main Street Initiative is dedicated to strengthening Downtown Richmond’s economic base through business retention, targeted recruitment, social entrepreneurship and financing, trend monitoring and education, and new equitable development.
We actively partner with the local business community, anchor institutions, and service providers to provide a wide range of technical assistance services to small businesses and emerging entrepreneurs. Whether you’re the owner of an established enterprise who wants to revamp your business practices or you’re an entrepreneur ready to take the next step, Richmond Main Street is here to help.
Our Current Small Business Support Programs & Services
Small Business Mailers Archive
A one-stop-shop for latest news, updates, and resources for small businesses in Richmond and Contra Costa County! Each edition includes information about Richmond Main Street activities, latest local, state, and federal pandemic news & resources, and how to access resources from our trusted partners. Subscribe to get the mailers delivered straight to your inbox!
Square eCommerce Website Program
More than ever before, easy online shopping, web presence, and integrated eCommerce business operations are vitally important for small, independent businesses. If you aren’t online, you are missing out. Take action now to get ready for long-term socially-distanced shopping AND invest in your business: create your own eCommerce site with Square for FREE!
FREE New & Improved On-Demand Tutorials
Learn how to set-up your own Square eCommerce site in minutes!
Request a FREE Contactless Square Reader
Process payments anywhere, safetly & securely
A $50 value!
More eCommerce Resources
- NEW Main Street Online A free online assessment tool designed specifically for small businesses with 20 or fewer employees in the retail, service, and food and beverage sectors. It’s simple to use and 100% free! Business owners simply need to answer a series of questions and they will receive customized results on everything from POS systems, website platforms, and content creation software to help market their business. Check it out!
- Really Good Blog Posts & Articles Holiday Shopping During COVID19 (also applies to year-round shopping), COVID19 Trends and the Impact on Retail (great E-commerce data), The Future of E-commerce in 2021 (Shopify), Top 10 E-commerce Trends for Small Businesses in 2021.
- Get Digital CA! A State of California eCommerce initiative to help small businesses build the skills necessary to compete in an online marketplace. Learn more
- Square Business Resource Center (lots of articles & tutorials) & Support
- eBay Small Business Seller School Virtual lessons, videos, and more to help every eBay seller thrive online. Available 24/7, 100% free. Learn more
- Mailchimp Website Builder Integrate email marketing, website & e-commerce (“buy” buttons are powered by Stripe)
- Free & low-cost marketing & eCommerce webinars from our partners Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center & local SBDCs