Richmond Main Street Initiative is dedicated to strengthening Downtown Richmond’s economic base through business retention, targeted recruitment, social entrepreneurship and financing, trend monitoring and education, and new equitable development.
We actively partner with the local business community, anchor institutions, and service providers to provide a wide range of technical assistance services to small businesses and emerging entrepreneurs. Whether you’re the owner of an established enterprise who wants to revamp your business practices or you’re an entrepreneur ready to take the next step, Richmond Main Street is here to help.
Our Current Small Business Support Programs & Services
Small Business Mailers Archive
A one-stop-shop for latest news, updates, and resources for small businesses in Richmond and Contra Costa County! Each edition includes information about Richmond Main Street activities, latest local, state, and federal pandemic news & resources, and how to access resources from our trusted partners. Subscribe to get the mailers delivered straight to your inbox!
Square E-Commerce Site Program
More than ever before, easy online shopping, web presence, and integrated E-commerce business operations are vitally important for small, independent businesses. If you aren’t online, you are missing out. Take action now to get ready for long-term socially-distanced shopping AND invest in your business: create your own E-commerce site with Square for FREE!
Introducing Square University Webinar Series!
A special 3-part series paired with virtual office hours to equip you with information and technology to start or revamp your online site using Square’s integrated E-commerce, marketing, and point of sale platform. Participate in as many webinars or virtual office hour sessions as you’d like. Webinars will be recorded and sent to registered participants.
BONUS! Enter to win a FREE Square Register – $800 value!*
Square University Webinar Series Topics
A deep dive into these e-commerce features.
Virtual Office Hours with our Square Expert
Have questions? Need help? Sign-up for office hours.
*Square Register Drawing Rules: Participants are welcome to attend as many webinars and virtual office hour sessions as they would like. For each webinar attended, a participant’s name is entered into the drawing; limit of 1 entry for participating in virtual office hour session(s); maximum of 4 entries per participant. (For example: if a participant attends all 3 webinars and 2 office hour sessions, their name will be entered into the drawing 4 times.) Four winners will be selected at random at the end of the series. Winning participants must be able to travel to Richmond to pick-up their equipment; shipping is not available.
On-demand introductory webinars and free card readers also available.
FREE New & Improved On-Demand Tutorials
Learn how to set-up your own Square E-commerce site in minutes!
Request a FREE Contactless Square Reader
Process payments anywhere, safetly & securely
A $50 value!
More E-Commerce Resources
- Really Good Blog Posts & Articles Holiday Shopping During COVID19 (also applies to year-round shopping), COVID19 Trends and the Impact on Retail (great E-commerce data), The Future of E-commerce in 2021 (Shopify), Top 10 E-commerce Trends for Small Businesses in 2021.
- Get Digital CA! A State of California e-commerce initiative to help small businesses build the skills necessary to compete in an online marketplace. Learn more
- Up & Running California: Up to 300 California small businesses will be selected to participate in this free, six-week interactive eBay ecommerce training program, starting March 29, designed to help them get and grow online. Apply by March 11, 11:59pm. Learn more & Apply
- Square Business Resource Center (lots of articles & tutorials) & Support
- eBay Small Business Seller School Virtual lessons, videos, and more to help every eBay seller thrive online. Available 24/7, 100% free. Learn more
- Mailchimp Website Builder Integrate email marketing, website & e-commerce (“buy” buttons are powered by Stripe)
- Free & low-cost marketing & ecommerce webinars from our partners Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center & local SBDCs
Access to Capital & Debt Restructuring Workshop
*Recording, Slides & Resources Available On-Demand!*
Workshop Packet: Whether you registered and tuned in (or not) or you didn’t get a chance to register, you’re in luck: we recorded the workshop and have made it available for on-demand viewing. Also available are the presentation slides and links to resources mentioned during the workshop.
About: On August 27, Richmond Main Street and a panel of experts offered a 2-for-1 small business financial health workshop: First, hear from local banks and community lenders about flexible, affordable working capital loans available and how to get your application approved. Then, learn about debt restructuring, bankruptcy options, and pro bono legal resources.
Sponsored by Richmond Main Street Initiative and Mechanics Bank. Featured Partners include Kiva, Working Solutions, Pacific Community Ventures, San Pablo Economic Development Corporation, Darya Sara Druch, experienced bankruptcy attorney, Lawyers Committee on Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area (LCCRSF), and UC Berkeley New Business Community Law Clinic.
Note: If you completed the RSVP form for this workshop, the link to the workshop packet has been emailed to you and you do not need to complete the access form. Please check your inbox for a message from us. If you are unable to locate this email, contact Alicia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Work & Commitment Right Now
- Monitoring the situation closely and adjusting our work to meet the needs of our community
- Utilizing web-based solutions to host meetings and workshops
- Supporting our local businesses by engaging with our Downtown merchants and community partners to better understand the needs of our business community, promoting those that remain open, and connecting businesses with resources through our Community Resource Directory, Main Street News & Small Business Mailer, and social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Standing up for businesses on Macdonald Avenue and beyond through our membership in the California Main Street Alliance, collaboration with community partners and City departments, and contacting our elected representatives