Healthy eating & active living in Downtown Richmond
Healthy Village Festival
is a fun annual summer event all about health and wellness. This free community event takes place in the Community Green Space park located at the corner of Harbour Way and Macdonald Avenue. Richmond Main Street collaborates with local community groups and nonprofits, caterers, and businesses to provide delicious healthy food samples, recipes, cookbooks, fresh produce giveaways, educational and fun activities for kids, and access to information about living a healthier lifestyle.
“Es muy bueno para saber que comer y hacer ejercicio para estar mejor y saludable.”
8th annual Healthy Village Festival Report
On Saturday, June 24, 2017, we teamed up with community-based organizations, volunteers, and businesses to turn the Community Green Space and Macdonald Avenue into a super fun family-friendly health and wellness fair.
- Record-breaking attendance–300+ residents of all ages!
- Fitness Breaks: Zumba and PIYO
- “Ask the Doc” hosted by Kaiser Permanente
- 33 info booths & artisan vendors
- Bicycle blender smoothies courtesy of Rich City Rides
- Distributed 400+ pounds of produce, 200 reusable shopping bags & 175 water bottles
- Pony rides
- Meet & greet with Richmond Fire Fighters
- Healthy food vendors, serving up vegetarian plates and organic popsicles
- Freshest Cargo Mobile Farmers’ Market
- Happy Lot Farm & Garden pop-up farm & chicken coop
- Live music perforamcnes & DJ
- Downtown History Hike
- Treasure Box workshop
- Make & take activities
- 13 volunteers contributing 51+ hours of service
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Kaiser Permanente, Mechanics Bank
Rolling Hills Memorial Park, Republic Services
City of Richmond, Overaa Construction
Save the Date: 9th annual Healthy Village Festival
Saturday, June 23, 2018
Interested in learning more or getting involved?
Contact Alicia: (510) 236-4049 or email@example.com