Just announced: the Regional Stay-at-Home Order has been lifted and Contra Costa County has returned to the Purple Tier. We are glad to hear that local ICU capacity has increased, however we urge everyone to continue following health guidelines so that we can protect lives and livelihoods.
What remains in effect:
Health guidelines regarding physical distancing and use of face coverings outside the home, as well as frequent hand washing and quarantine guidance.
Occupancy caps for indoor businesses and requirements limiting close-contact gatherings of people from different households.
Significant changes now in effect:
Following state guidelines, restaurants may offer outdoor dining and hair salons, barber shops, and personal services may reopen
Outdoor social gatherings involving 25 or fewer people, from three or fewer different households, with health guidelines in place are now permitted.
For more information, please check out: Press Release (1/25/2021), Contra Costa County Openings At-a-Glance (1/25/2021), Active Contra Costa County Health Orders, Frequently Asked Questions, Prevention, plus January 22 Vaccination Town Hall (recording) and our Reopening Safely Guide.
Main Street Presents
Free Square E-commerce Program
New & Improved Tutorials AND Office Hours Are Here!
We can help!
2) Have questions? Sign-up for office hours with a Square expert. RSVP required. More office hours coming in February.
3) Request a FREE reader to process payments safely and securely anywhere!
7 Ways to Support Local Safely
Learn How: 7 Ways to Support Local Safely
Shop Local: Downtown Businesses Directory
Guides & Resources
Closing Soon: Grant Opportunity for Downtown Richmond Businesses
What: Grants of $5,000-$10,000, awarded on a competitive basis to help brick-and-mortar small businesses in designated Main Street districts as they work to adapt to COVID-19 and prepare for the next phases of reopening across the country. All eligible businesses located in Downtown Richmond may apply.
Apply: January 21, 9am – January 28, 4:59pm PST
Get Help: Today is your last chance to contact us to request a letter of support!
Top COVID19 Resources for Small Business & Residents
- EXTENDED Contra Costa County Rent Freeze & Eviction Moratorium
- LATEST HEALTH ORDER January 25 Stay-At-Home Order & Face Covering Rules
- GET TESTED FREE COVID Testing for All County Residents Call 1 (844) 421-0804
- Richmond Cares Hotline Call (510) 620-6700, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
For Small Businesses
- DON’T MISS January 22 Small Business Mailer
- NEW GRANTS California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program (Round 2 opening February 2-8), Paycheck Protection Program
- GET LOCAL HELP COVID-19 Navigation Call Center: 1 (833) 320-1919, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm
More Help: Check out Our COVID-19 Community Resource Directory
Section Spotlight: COVID19 Testing & Vaccinations And Healthcare & Mental Health Services