As we start this first full week of May, the importance of food is at the top of our minds. The foods that we eat provide us with vital sustenance for our bodies and feed our souls, connecting us to our ancestors and building community. So we are dedicating today’s issue of Main Street News to sharing information about the latest food access resources, our top picks for ways to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and support our local taquerias safely, and new funds to help restaurants right now.
- Bridge Commissary Kitchen Extends Free Lunch Chef Popup & Pickup for May
- Mobile Farmers Market – Weekly stops in Richmond & San Pablo. 50% discount to all shoppers right now!
- Food Distribution on May 5, 11am at Catholic Charities of the East Bay, Richmond (flyer below)
- Pandemic EBT – Starting May 12, extra benefits for families with children who qualify for school lunch assistance.
- CalFresh Online Purchases – Currently accepted on Amazon and Walmart; more online retailers coming soon.
- There’s more: Check out our Food Access Resources Guide
THIS WEEK’S TOP #ShopLocalSafely SMALL BUSINESS PICKS
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo & #SupportLocalSafely
- Tacos El Tucan – Tijuana Style Tacos @ 12505 San Pablo Avenue Info
- La Santa Torta – The Bay Area’s Birria Truck Find the Truck
- Maya Taqueria – Savory tacos & fresh salads @ 130 Railroad Ave Info
- Tacos Los Primos – Old school taco truck @ 550 23rd Street Info
Top COVID19 Resources for Small Business & Residents
- NEW Stay at Home Order Extended to May 31: Summary, FAQs
- NEW Richmond Cares Hotline (510) 620-6700, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
- COVID-19 Testing for Contra Costa Residents
- Richmond Community Services Virtual Recreation Center
- Food Distribution Map for Seniors, Students, & Low Income Residents
For Small Businesses
- NEW City Manager’s Letter to Richmond Business Leaders (May 1)
- Paycheck Protection Program Re-Opens: Funds are limited and expected to run out. Apply now! Marin SBDC Update, Local Lender Guide, Get Help
- COVID-19 Navigation Call Center: 1 (833) 320-1919, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm
- NEW James Beard Foundation Food & Beverage Industry Relief Fund
- NEW Restaurant Community Foundation Crisis Relief Fund