We join Main Street communities throughout the nation and stand resolutely for justice, accountability, and peace for the acts of violence made against people of color. We are committed to fighting systemic racism and discrimination in all its forms. The dignity of every person must be honored and respected in our public spaces.
We are committed to serving our Richmond community, from residents to small businesses, right now. Our businesses–many owned and operated by people of color–are the Heart of Richmond. They feed us, clothe us, pamper us, and so much more. As we stand in solidarity with movements to bring justice and equity to communities of color, we are working to support our hometown businesses in navigating these challenging times. The intersection of shelter at place health orders, reopening guidelines, and violence targeting our locally-owned businesses is challenging.
This week we are dedicating additional resources to reaching out to our Downtown businesses, offering them moral support and resources. We are also bringing back the Neighborhood Ambassadors and launching our #HeartOfRichmond series, telling the stories of our small businesses and the entrepreneurs behind them.
THIS WEEK’S TOP #SupportLocalSafely PICKS
- Gratitude – Afrocentric gift store. Order by phone (510) 680-5266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Curbside pickup, delivery, and shipping. Virtual tours of the shop and products available by appointment. Follow
- TBM Skincare – Natural ingredients. Professional formulas. Learn More & Order
- The Point Playhouse – Safe & nurturing childcare for little ones 3 months – 3 years. Learn More & Enroll
Top COVID19 Resources for Small Business & Residents
- Stay Tuned Contra Costa Health Order update dropping June 2
- Contra Costa County Re-openings to Date Visual Guide
- Free COVID Testing for All County Residents: Call 1 (844) 421-0804
- Richmond Cares Hotline Call (510) 620-6700, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
For Small Businesses
- May 18 Updated Health Order Update & What it Means for Businesses
- Paycheck Protection Program News: Loan Forgiveness Application now available. Apply for PPP, Apply for PPP Loan Forgiveness. Get Help
- COVID-19 Navigation Call Center: 1 (833) 320-1919, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm
- Restaurant Community Foundation Crisis Relief Fund