February is Black History Month! We are honoring this nationwide celebration by spotlighting the stories of Downtown’s Black history and history in the making. We invite you to join us by amplifying the Black-owned businesses and contributions of Black Richmondites that we will be sharing in this weekly newsletter and on our social media.
Black History is American History. We hope you enjoy the stories and voices of your community!
Want more Richmond Black History? Check out:
- Richmond Museum of History & Culture & SS Red Oak Victory
- Rosie the Riveter WWII Home Front National Historical Park
- To Place our Deeds: The African American Community in Richmond, California, 1910-1963
- Rosie the Riveter World War II American Homefront Oral History Project: Willie Mae Cotright
- CBreaux Speaks, Betty Reid Soskin’s blog