This month our Youth Committee met twice to put the final touches on their first objective: planning the Healthy Village Festival. They put in a lot of work to design, promote, and staff the event…and they did a great job! “Behind the scenes” they identified and reached out to potential performers, organizations, and volunteer groups, created a Snapchat filter, and promoted the event. They also designed a reproductive health informational brochure and photo frame. Nearly every committee member volunteered at the event as well, demonstrating extraordinary leadership capabilities while assisting with set-up, clean-up, and everything in between. Meetings will be on hold for the month of July, but this doesn’t mean the work will be on hiatus as well. Starting next week the committee will begin working on their next project: organizing the youth stage for Spirit & Soul Festival!
- DeSaulnier Effort to Rename Richmond Post Office in Honor of Dedicated Civil Servant Passes House
- 10th annual Spirit & Soul Festival Truly Biggest Ever!
- Downtown Richmond Ready to Celebrate Main Street Heritage and Renewal with “Salute to Soul” Tributes at the 10th annual Spirit & Soul Festival
- In Memoriam: Our Friend Arnie
- Downtown Happenings: San Francisco Pizza 20th Anniversary Specials