About This Page
Richmond Main Street is a partner in Contra Costa County’s Census 2020 work. This page is part of our efforts to ensure a complete count for our community.
Quick Facts About Census 2020
- It’s quick and easy! – The 2020 Census questionnaire will take about 10 minutes to complete.
- It’s safe, secure, and confidential – Your information and privacy are protected. You will not be asked to provide your social security number, bank account/credit card details, or any other personal identification information.
- No citizenship question.
- Funding for community services – Your response helps to direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for schools, roads, and other public services.
- Representation in Washington, DC – Results from the 2020 Census will be used to determine the number of seats each state has in Congress and your political representation at all levels of government.
Starting March 12, 2020 Contra Costa County residents will receive an envelope from the U.S. Census Bureau inviting them to fill out their Census form. These envelopes will be postmarked from Jefferson, Indiana and the letters will contain an ID code and instructions from the Census Bureau to get counted in the 2020 Census.
How to Respond
- Online – Go to my2020census.gov, click the “Start Questionnaire” button and follow the prompts. Make sure to have your Census 2020 invite handy – you will need the unique Census ID assigned to your address.
- Phone – If you need help or would prefer to respond by phone, toll free numbers are available in 14 languages. Phone lines are open daily, 4am – 11pm PST. For support in English, call 1 (844) 330-2020. To find toll free numbers for 13 non-English languages, click here.
- Paper – Households that have not responded via the online questionnaire or phone method, will receive a paper form. These households will receive a paper form in mid-April.
COVID-19 & The Census
Get the latest COVID-19 Census 2020 updates here.